American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation accepts manuscript submissions on another website submission service.
American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation has specific instructions and guidelines for submitting articles. Please read and review them carefully. Articles that are not submitted in accordance with our instructions and guidelines are more likely to be rejected.
Language and Editing Services
Wolters Kluwer, in partnership with Editage, offers a unique range of editorial services to help you prepare a submission-ready manuscript:
- Premium Editing: Intensive language and structural editing of academic papers to increase chances of journal acceptance.
- Advanced Editing: A complete language, grammar, and terminology check to give you a publication-ready manuscript.
- Translation with Editing: Write your paper in your native language and Wolters Kluwer Author Services will translate it into English, as well as edit it to ensure that it meets international publication standards.
- Plagiarism Check: Helps ensure that your manuscript contains no instances of unintentional plagiarism.
- Artwork Preparation: Save precious time and effort by ensuring that your artwork is viewed favorably by the journal without you having to incur the additional cost of purchasing special graphics software.
For more information (including pricing), please visit Wolters Kluwer Author Services.
Our Article Types
|Abstract||IRB Approval, Patient|
Consent, and/or a Waiver of these Requirements
(Original scientific investigations that advance the field of physiatric medicine.)
|4,000||30 Systematic Review-Meta Analysis - 50||4 figure, 4 tables||Structured||Required for all human subject research||Print|
|Education & Administration|
(Short papers or surveys addressing issues concerning education, student training, and administration.)
|3,000||30||3 figure, 3 tables||One-paragraph||Not required||Print|
(Short papers reporting on research and statistical techniques.)
|2,000||20||2 figures, 2 tables||One-paragraph||Required for all human subject research||Print|
(Protocols for proposed original scientific investigations.)
|2,000||20||2 figures, 2 tables||Structured||Required for all human subject research||Print|
(Short reports explaining the diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes of individual cases.)
|2,000||10||1 figure, 1 table||One-paragraph||Not required||Online-only|
|Analysis & Perspective|
(In-depth systematic examination of complex issues or elaboration of viewpoints of significant interest.)
|5,000||50||4 figure, 4 tables||One-paragraph||Not required||Print|
(In-depth critical summaries and assessments of previously published information.)
|5,000||30||4 figure, 4 tables||One-paragraph||Not required||Print|
|Letter to the Editor|
(Intellectual and scholarly letters of comment.)
|1,000||3||1 figure, 1 table||No abstract||Not required||Online-only|
(A rapid, interesting, and enjoyable mechanism by which to further educate and stimulate readers.)
|400||3||N/A||No abstract||Not required||Online-only|
(Combines text with video in the presentation and discussion of a topic of interest.)
|500||3||N/A||No abstract||Not required||Online-only|
*Individual tables should not exceed two typed pages when double-spaced.