Information for Faculty
TEACHING WITH AJN
AJN is offering support with a new partnership program to help you meet today's pressing education challenges. As a part of
Teaching with AJN, you will...
- have a uniquely helpful tool for teaching key initiatives across the curriculum, whether in courses on fundamentals, medical-surgical nursing, women's health, pediatrics, nursing research, nursing management and leadership, issues and trends, or community nursing
- promote an ethic of lifelong learning among your students
- offer students and faculty cutting-edge,
evidence-based information on a wide spectrum of clinical topics in a peer-reviewed journal that adheres to the standards set by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE)
- stimulate your students to engage in discussions to increase awareness of the emerging and controversial issues confronting nursing and health care
- foster the translation of important research into nursing practice.
Teaching with AJN program extends deeply discounted subscription rates to students and faculty and includes...
- the table of contents and highlights E-mailed to you two weeks before each issue's publication to help you integrate topics into coursework and class discussion
- free on-line access to current and past journal articles
- a writing workshop at your school if you adopt
AJN for your curriculum.
The goals of
Teaching with AJN are to:
- Provide students and faculty with a quality resource for augmenting teaching and learning.
- Contribute to the education of nurses.
- Provide students and faculty with current, evidence-based information on clinical and policy issues relevant to nurses.
- Stimulate discussion and debate on the important issues confronting nursing, patients and health care.
- Encourage students to become life-long learners, with nursing journals playing an important role in nurses' professional growth and development.
Click here to go to the
Generic Teaching Guide for Using
in Your Curriculum (View link in the Chrome broswer)
NURSE FACULTY SCHOLARS / AJN MENTORED WRITING AWARD
AJN Nurse Faculty Scholars/AJN Mentored Writing Award is an annual program to promote mentorship and develop scholarly writing skills among nurses. The program is open to all RNs. Each candidate, working with a mentor, will develop and submit a paper to AJN; an awards committee will choose the winning paper.
Click here for more information on the Nurse Faculty Scholars/AJN Mentored Writing Award
Questions? Contact Editor-in-Chief Maureen Shawn Kennedy, MA, RN, FAAN at 646-674-6610 or at