LEARNING OBJECTIVES: After reading this article and taking this test, you should be able to
- describe the measures of caregiver burden and the components of the Tailored Caregiver Assessment and Referral (TCARE) process.
1. Which type of intervention has a higher probability of meeting caregivers' needs as they change over time?
a. behavioral therapy
b. care management
c. family counseling
2. What influences the type and level of stress or burden for the caregiver and serves as a guide for effectively targeting services?
a. the age of the care recipient
b. a change in the caregiver's identity
c. the mental health of the care recipient
d. the family's motivation
3. The most direct measure of the caregiving experience has been shown to be caregiver
4. What is a central feature of the TCARE process?
a. A set of algorithms that guide care managers through a decision process.
b. An advanced practice nurse coordinates care from a variety of services.
c. Caregivers are offered financial assistance for caring for older family members.
d. Care managers draw from a central database of patients who are receiving home care.
5. The perception that caregiving responsibilities infringe upon other aspects of the caregiver's life is called
a. financial burden.
b. objective burden.
c. relationship burden.
d. stress burden.
6. What is the first step in the TCARE protocol for care managers?
a. develop a Care Plan Consultation Worksheet
b. provide detailed information about available services
c. assess the caregiver's needs
d. select one of the six decision maps
7. In the absence of high objective or relationship burden, a high level of stress burden is often related to
a. guilt experienced after placing a family member in a nursing home.
b. jobs or relationships with people other than the care recipient.
c. perceived responsibilities to the care recipient.
d. the amount of care required by the care recipient.
TEST CODE: AJNC6 CERP: B FEE: $17.95