General Purpose: To provide registered professional nurses with information on best practices in nursing and social work to help families care for older adults.
You can earn up to 20 continuing education contact hours with this supplement. There are two ways to earn hours: you can read some or all of the CE articles and take the tests that appear at the end of each article; this can earn you between 1 and 17.5 contact hours, depending on how many tests you take. You may also read the special-content articles and sign the attestation statement, which appears on the coupon on page 90; this can earn you 2.5 contact hours.
CE TEST INSTRUCTIONS
To take the tests online, go to our secure Web site at www.nursingcenter.com/ajnfamilycaregivers.
To use the form provided in this supplement,
- record your answers in the test answer section of the CE answer coupon on page 89. Each question has only one correct answer. You may make copies of this form.
- complete the registration information and program evaluation (A, B, C, and E). Mail the completed enrollment form and your registration fee as indicated on the answer coupon on page 89 to Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, CE Group, 2710 Yorktowne Blvd., Brick, NJ 08723, by September 30, 2010.
To receive 2.5 contact hours for special-content articles,
- read these seven articles:
- Editorial: How Are You Doing?
- Executive Summary
- One Online Resource
- Needed: Nursing and Social Work Leadership
- What Knowledge and Skills Do Caregivers Need?
- How Do Family Caregivers Describe Their Needs for Professional Help?
- Discussion and Recommendations
- complete the attestation statement (D) on page 90. Mail your signed statement, the completed enrollment form, evaluation (A, B, and E), and your registration fee of $24.95 to Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, CE Group, 2710 Yorktowne Blvd., Brick, NJ 08723, by September 30, 2010.
You will receive your certificate (and if you took CE tests, an answer key to the CE test questions) in four to six weeks. For faster service, include a fax number and we will fax the documents to you within two business days of receiving your enrollment form. There is no minimum passing grade. If you have questions, call (800) 787-8985, and press 2.
LWW, publisher of AJN, will award up to 20 contact hours for this continuing nursing education activity.
LWW is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
LWW is also an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses #00012278 (CERP category B), District of Columbia, Florida #FBN2454, and Iowa #75. LWW home study activities are classified for Texas nursing continuing education requirements as Type 1. This activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 11749, for up to 20 contact hours.
Your certificate is valid in all states.