LEARNING OBJECTIVES: After reading this article and taking this test, you should be able to
- discuss several methods of competence-based education and evaluation for nurses and social workers.
1. The components of competence-based education and evaluation are
a. identification and evaluation.
b. assessment and implementation.
c. intervention and evaluation.
d. skill acquisition and implementation.
2. In competence-based education, what are the most straightforward skills to measure?
a. critical-thinking skills
b. general knowledge skills
c. interpersonal skills
d. procedural skills
3. Which statement about problem-based learning is accurate?
a. It is based on constructive, self-directed, collaborative, and contextual learning.
b. It increases social perspective by helping group members understand interactive factors.
c. It shifts the responsibility of organizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information from the teacher to the learner.
d. It involves cooperative learning, in which a group of learners works on a project together.
4. Which of the following is an ineffective educational strategy?
a. interventions based on information from patients
b. manual or computerized reminders
c. didactic educational meetings or lectures
d. summaries of clinical performance
5. Which of the following is one of the most effective strategies used to translate evidence into practice?
a. educational outreach visits
b. efforts that include follow-up
c. local consensus processes
d. passive dissemination of information
6. An environmental barrier to change cited by the author is inadequate
b. operating budget.
c. patient room size.
7. Which of these is an example of simulation assessment?
b. "sit-down" discussions
c. videotaped vignettes
d. written examinations
TEST CODE: AJNC4 CERP: B FEE: $17.95