Continuing Medical Education Questions: January 2015
- Which one of the following statements regarding colon ischemia is true?
What is the 30-day mortality rate in patients with isolated right colon ischemia (IRCI)?
- A. Colonic ischemia (CI) is more common in men than in women.
- B. The treatment for Type II CI should be targeted toward underlying etiology.
- C. Abnormalities seen on angiography usually correlate with clinical manifestations of CI.
- D. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is not a potential risk factor for CI.
Which one of the following risk factors is not associated with poor outcomes in CI patients?
- A. <10%
- B. 10–15%
- C. 20–40%
- D. >50%
© The American College of Gastroenterology 2015. All Rights Reserved.
- A. Hypotension
- B. Female gender
- C. White blood cells greater than 15×109/L
- D. Hemoglobin less than 12
- E. Abdominal pain without rectal bleeding