Editor’s Remarks – August 2020
This month I would like to highlight the Kincaid Rural Emergency Care Memorial Scholarship Award. Established in 2020, this award is offered in memory of Kyle Kincaid, DNP, FNP, ENP for his long-standing efforts in ENP leadership, innovation & advocacy. Dr. Kincaid was one of the founders of the American Academy of Emergency Nurse Practitioners (AAENP).
The Kincaid Rural Emergency Care Memorial Scholarship offers annual scholarships (in the amount of $1000) to graduate students in pursuit of specialty education in emergency care. The inaugural 2020 scholarship award is for members only and the application deadline is August 15, 2020.
Applicants must be licensed as a registered nurse, have at least one semester of classes completed and be scheduled to complete an eligible NP program between fall (December) 2020 and summer (August) 2021. See https://www.aaenp-natl.org/scholarship
Award recipients must demonstrate:
- financial need.
- prior academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale).
- a commitment to rural & underserved communities.
- leadership qualities.
- US citizenship - priority selection will be given to applicants from the state of Texas, and applicants who are first-generation college students.*
- may attend graduate academic ENP programs anywhere in the United States.
- must continue to make satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for continued scholarship funding.
- overall cumulative GPA cannot fall below a 3.0.
Eligibility requirements. Applicants must:
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- not be a member of the AAENP Board of Directors or a relative of a current AAENP Board member or AAENP State Representative.
- not be an AAENP staff member or be related to an AAENP staff member.
- have at least one semester of your current program completed.
- complete your program between fall (December) 2020 and summer (August) 2021.