Welcome to the Advances in Nursing Science web.
This web site is packed full of valuable resources for all nurses. Take a few moments to browse the many features we offer here!
- The "Current Issue" and "Previous Issues" tabs give you access to every single issue of the journal, starting with Vol. 1 No. 1 published in 1978! You can see the Table of Contents for each issue, and read abstracts of each article. If you do not have access to a library, you can purchase a copy of any article here.
- The "Published Ahead of Print" tab takes you to cutting-edge articles that will appear in the journal soon. You can download these articles at no charge and have a sneak preview of what is to come in the near future.
- The "Collections" tab takes you to lists that I have compiled based on topics that have appeared over the years, and articles that have withstood the test of time. These collections give you a valuable window into some of the most important information ever published in ANS.
- The "For Authors" and "Journal Info" tabs are very important sections of the web site if you are considering the possibility of submitting your manuscript for publication.
- Another very important section for authors is just under these tabs - it is our listing of "Future Issue Topics." When you click on the list of topics you will see details about each topic, including due dates for manuscript submission. We give you about 18 months of advance notice of the topics we are planning .. so check this list often to see if there is a publishing opportunity for your ideas.
- The "Editor's Picks" section just above this message changes about every 2 weeks, so check this section frequently. These are articles from the current issue of the journal, and many of them are available for free download while they are featured.
There is still more to explore on this site, so linger a while and check it all out. Come and visit this web site often. We keep the information here current with new information every couple of weeks.
-- Peggy Chinn, RN, PhD, FAAN