Departments: MFA Newsbriefs
2006 Professional Recognition Awards Announced
The Medical Fitness Association (MFA) recognized industry leaders during the recent Annual Conference in Las Vegas. The awards celebrate and honor the best and the brightest in medical fitness center management. Awards, in a variety of categories, identify those facilities, programs, and professionals deserving of recognition for their achievements and contributions to the growing medical fitness industry.
Presented to those facilities that clearly serve as benchmarks for the industry and whose results others can emulate. There are several award categories based on facility size and length of operation.
- The UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont, Chapel Hill, NC
- Cumberland Medical Center Wellness Complex at Fairfield Glade, Crossville, TN
- The Fitness Center at High Point Regional, High Point, NC
- LifeStyleRx, Livermore, CA
Awarded to those who have displayed significant leadership in the profession of hospital administrator and/or facility manager.
- Administrator: Neil Sol, Ph.D.
- Director: Nancy Dostal-Hoyt, M.A.
Don Schneider Distinguished Service
Awarded for exceptional, long-term volunteer service to MFA and the industry.
- William Baldwin, M.A., M.B.A.
- Douglas Ribley, M.S.
Board of Directors Award
Presented to an organization or individual that has significantly advanced the medical fitness industry.
- Power Wellness Management, Arlington Heights, IL
- Keweenaw Memorial Rehab & Fitness Center, Houghton, MI
Robert D. Boone Award of Merit
Call for Submissions
This annual award is presented to an individual/investigator who has made a significant contribution in defining benchmarks for the medical fitness industry in the area of outcomes measurement, best practices, or clinical research.
- Must be an MFA member affiliated with a recognized medical fitness facility, or on the staff of a facility or hospital that is an MFA member in good standing; must complete the official application; answer all questions; and submit the application before July 30, 2007.
- Complimentary registration, transportation, hotel accommodations, and meals for the Annual Conference where the award will be presented
- Press and media coverage
- Opportunity to present findings during the Annual Conference
- Article in ACSM's Health & Fitness Journal®, the official journal of MFA
- Program, practice, or research provides benchmarking data and application of new thinking.
- Application addresses at least one of the following categories: outcomes measurement, best practices, or clinical research.
- Program has demonstrated a significant impact on business operations, member retention, disease management, community health status, or medical integration.
- Program, practice, or research is reproducible.
The Medical Fitness Association is developing a network of State Captains who will work with Regional Chapter Chairmen to provide grassroots support for MFA and the medical fitness industry. Letters of interest and résumés are now being accepted. State Captains must be MFA members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Save the Date
The MFA 13th Annual Conference will be held November 28 to December 1, 2007, in Orlando, FL. Mark your calendars! Presentation proposals are now being accepted. For more information, visit http://www.medicalfitness.org.