The Cardiovascular Preparticipation Evaluation (PPE) for the Primary Care and Sports Medicine Physician, Part I
In the article appearing on pages 246–267 of the May/June 2015 issue, the following errors were detected:
- On page 246, column 2, paragraph 2, lines 16–18, the sentence should read: “This recent document added two elements regarding palpitations and previous evaluations similar to those in the fourth PPE. The two elements are: prior restriction and prior evaluations (palpitations were added to the dyspnea/fatigue element).”
- The 12-Step Questionnaire Recommendations for Health Care Providers for Preparticipation Cardiovascular Screening in Athletes, on page 247 contained an error in the Preparticipation Physical Evaluation (edition 4) questions section. The question: “1. Has a doctor ever denied or restricted your participation in sports for any reason?” should have appeared under the heading “Heart health questions about you.” Additionally on page 248 in this same table, the word arachmodactylyl was misspelled.
- On page 251, column 1, paragraph 1, line 1, myocardial was misspelled.
- On page 256, column 2, point 5, this should read psychological stress.
- On page 266, there was a misspelling in the name of Editor Michael Fredericson, MD, FACSM and contact information for editor Victor F. Froelicher, MD, FACSM should have appeared as:
Victor F. Froelicher, MD, FACSM
Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine and Orthopedics/Sports Medicine
Director Sports Cardiology Clinic, Stanford University
Center for Inherited Cardiovascular Disease
870 Quarry Road
Falk Cardiovascular Research Building; MC-5406/Room CV-285
Stanford, CA 94305-5406
Copyright © 2015 by the American College of Sports Medicine.
1. Asif IM, Roberts WO, Fredericson M, Froelicher V. The cardiovascular preparticipation evaluation (PPE) for primary care and sports medicine physician, part 1. Curr Sports Med Rep
. 2015; 14: 246–67.