About the Journal
The official Journal of The Transplantation Society, Transplantation is published twice monthly and is the most cited and influential journal in the field, with more than 25,000 citations a year.
Transplantation has for over 40 years been the trusted source for extensive and timely coverage of the most important advances in transplantation. The Editors and Editorial Board of Transplantation are an international group of research and clinical leaders that includes many pioneers of the field, representing a diverse range of areas of expertise. This capable editorial team provides thoughtful and thorough peer review, and delivers rapid, careful and insightful editorial evaluation of all manuscripts submitted to the journal.
Transplantation is committed to rapid review and publication. With a time to first decision of less than 21 days, Transplantation’s turnaround time is fastest among its competitors. Time to publication of accepted manuscripts continues to be shortened and the editorial team has a target of 3 months from acceptance to publication. Transplantation is also the first in the field to offer CME credit to its peer reviewers for reviews completed.
Consistently ranked among the top impact factor journals in Transplantation, Surgery and Immunology (Journal Citation Reports), the journal publishes original research Articles under the categories of ‘Clinical and Translational’ and ‘Basic and Experimental’. Rapid Communications bring attention to research at the forefront of the field. Other areas covered include cell therapy and islet transplantation, immunobiology and genomics, and xenotransplantation.
In its Editorial and Perspectives section, the Journal presents:
· Overviews that are cutting edge and comprehensive
· Forum articles on ethical, social and controversial topics
· Analysis and Commentaries that accompany articles and explore their deeper implications
· Special Features- invited papers with a unique emphasis
· Letters and Correspondence- including significant Case Reports
Other special features of the journal and journal website include:
· Special Dedicated Issues, such as The International Congress of the Transplantation Society biennial issue
· Colloquia: Sponsored issues on thematically related topics of high interest
· Free Access: to selected Overviews, Special Features and Supplements
· Editors’ Picks – For each issue Editors highlight and comment on articles of interest.
· Video commentaries – For each issue Editors invite experts and authors to comment on articles
· Collections – Editors’ collections of excellent articles under various topical themes. Click here to subscribe to collections by email or by feed.
· Mobile View and the Transplantation iPhone App NEW! – Access Transplantation on the go using your favorite Internet-enabled device
· eTOC – Transplantation Table of Contents email subscription service (visit the journal home page to subscribe).
· eOnlineFirst – Our Online First service gives readers opportunity to read accepted articles before print publication. You may subscribe to ePAP alerts by email or by feed.
Publication & Editorial Staff Contacts
For Advertising, Commercial Reprint, and/or HCP Recruitment Information
Visit WK's Advertising Center
Translation, Rights & Licensing
LWW Business Offices
Two Commerce Square
2001 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
|Editorial Correspondence |
Manikkam Suthanthiran, MD
New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill
Medical College of Cornell University
525 East 68th Street, Box 310
New York, NY 10021
Kathryn J. Wood, PhD
European Editorial Office
Nuffield Department of Surgery
University of Oxford
John Radcliffe Hospital
Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, U.K.
Phone: +44 1865-221310
Fax: +44 1865-763545