The November 2015 issue of JTI has been published in print and on-line. The main focus of this issue is a symposium on transcatheter valve procedures, guest edited by Drs. Joseph Schoepf and Robert Steiner.
The symposium consists of five review articles:
- "Clinical Aspects and Current Evidence Base for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation" by Gilat Linn Grunau and colleagues
- "Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Imaging Techniques for Aortic Root Sizing" by Julian Wichmann and colleagues
- "TAVR: Imaging Spectrum of Complications" by Santinder Singh and colleagues
- "Imaging in Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Repair" by Stefanie Mangold and colleagues
- "Preprocedural Computed Tomography Evaluation for Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Surgery: What the Surgeon Needs to Know" by Chandra Dass and colleagues
Web exclusive content includes:
"Implementation of Lung Cancer Screening in the United States: Changing Trends Based on a Survey of Society of Thoracic Radiology Members", a research letter by Jan Eberth and Erica Sercy.
Updated ACR Appropriateness Criteria: Intensive Care Unit Patients
Two physics review articles on the American College of Radiology’s Dose Index Registry
Meeting notes from the Japanese Society of Thoracic Radiology consisting of three case reports
- Diffuse alveolar septal amyloidosis associated with multiple myeloma
- Pulmonary glomus tumor
- Apparent lung adenocarcinoma size reduction during steroid therapy
A pictorial essay by Ross Holwerda and colleagues entitled "Thoracic Metastases from Primary Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Malignancies: Predictable Patterns of Metastatic Spread"
Finally, be sure to answer this month’s Quick Poll Question on TAVR