Quality Management in Health Care (QMHC)
is a peer-reviewed journal that provides a forum for our readers to explore the theoretical, technical, and strategic elements of health care quality management. The journal's primary focus is on organizational structure and processes as these affect the quality of care and patient outcomes. In particular, it:
- Builds knowledge about the application of statistical tools, control charts, benchmarking, and other devices used in the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of care and of patient outcomes;
- Encourages research in and evaluation of the results of various organizational strategies designed to bring about quantifiable improvements in patient outcomes;
- Fosters the application of quality management science to patient care processes and clinical decision-making;
- Fosters cooperation and communication among health care providers, payers and regulators in their efforts to improve the quality of patient outcomes;
- Explores links among the various clinical, technical, administrative, and managerial disciplines involved in patient care, as well as the role and responsibilities of organizational governance in ongoing quality management.
Journal Content and Manuscript Review Process:
QMHC welcomes original manuscripts that are prepared in accordance with these objectives. Content includes theoretical papers, case studies, quality improvement project reports including “action research," and literature reviews. A variety of study designs, from prospective controlled trials to observational studies and simulation studies, is acceptable. Blind review of each submitted manuscript is conducted by representatives of the Editorial Board or other qualified peer reviewers. Assessment criteria include such factors as (1) consistency with the journal’s editorial objectives as described above; (2) logical ordering of ideas; (3) rational argument and defense of original ideas; (4) use of sound methods of scholarly research and investigation; (5) appropriate literature references; and (6) timeliness of subject matter.
Publication & Editorial Staff Contacts