Benefits to PRS GO authors and readers:
- Rapid Peer Review — Typically under 2 weeks.
- Rapid Publication of Articles — Articles will publish online, in their final form, as soon as they are ready.
- Authors will retain copyright — Authors of articles will retain their copyright to the materials published. No need to obtain permissions statements; authors will be able to re– use and re–publish PRS GO material with proper citation.
- Ease of Submission — Authors will use the familiar manuscript submission system currently used by PRS.
- Assurance of Quality — All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be required to pass rigorous peer review.
- Widest Possible Audience — Published articles will be available worldwide to anyone with internet access.
- A Team You Can Trust — PRS GO is under the direct editorship of Rod J. Rohrich, M.D., Editor–in–Chief of PRS. PRS GO is guided by members of the PRS Editorial Board, an expanded group of extraordinary international plastic surgeons composed of highly respected global plastic surgeons and researchers, and the longstanding experience of the PRS Editorial team and publisher group.
- Forum for publically funded research — Will provide a venue for plastic surgery papers funded by public funding agencies that require publication in an open access journal.
- Future Plans — Check back for more updates on the future aims of PRS Global Open (Impact Factor score, indexing, and much more)