About the PRS Global Open Editorial Board:
Editorial Board Members for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery- Global Open (PRS Global Open) will serve as "Associate Editors."
PRS Global Open Editorial Board Members are recommended for nomination by the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Editor based on reviewer performance. They are confirmed by the Editorial Board as a whole. Terms will last 3 years. At the end of the first term, depending upon willingness, performance as a reviewer, and the needs of the Journal, PRS Global Open Editorial Board Members may be re-elected to a second 3-year term. PRS Global Open Editorial Board members’ responsibilities include:
• Continued excellence in reviewing articles for PRS Global Open (and PRS as well);
• Serve as peer reviewers for articles from specific global regions for regional perspective;
• Attendance at the Editorial Board meetings, held at the ASPS Annual Meeting;
• Participation in Ad Hoc Committees which conduct studies and implement new initiatives for the Journal;
• Become a “PRS Global Open” ambassador: read articles at PRSGlobalOpen.com or via our iPad app and share articles via social networks, promote the Journal;
• Provide assistance with special projects upon request, such as building collections or generating article topics;
• Download the PRS Global Open iPad app- no log-in is necessary for either destination;
• Consider submitting manuscripts to PRS Global Open;
• Fill out ASPS Conflict of Interest Disclosure form on an annual basis
“Regional Editors” are recommended for nomination by the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Editor based on numerous factors including global prominence and reviewer performance. They are confirmed by the Editorial Board as a whole. It is preferred if they previously served as current or past editorial board members of PRS and/or PRS Global Open. Terms will last 4 years. At the end of the first term, depending upon willingness, performance as a reviewer, and the needs of the Journal, PRS Global Open Regional Editors may be re-elected to a second 4-year term. PRS Global Open Regional Editors serve on the Managing Committee, which acts as a managing body for both PRS Global Open and its sister publication, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Regional Editors’ responsibilities include:
• Serving on PRS & PRS Global Open Journal Managing Committee
• Act as active peer reviewers
• Will serve as go-to peer reviewers and cursory reviewers for some short correspondences such as case reports
• Will help recruit peer reviewers and articles from their region
• Help with special projects/videos as needed
• Attend in person, or by voice Managing Committee and Editorial Board meetings where possible.
There are no set numbers of necessary Regional Editor positions. Possible regions will include: Latin America, North America, Asia, Africa, Europe, Middle-East, Oceania.