Editor-In-Chief: Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal
The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal (PIDJ), affiliated with the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID), is seeking to fill the position of Editor-in-Chief. With an advantage of having Dr. George McCracken continuing his service to the journal for the next few years, we are jointly looking for a suitable candidate to lead efforts.
PIDJ is a complete, up-to-the-minute resource on infectious diseases in children. Through a mix of original studies, informative review articles, and unique case reports, PIDJ delivers the latest insights on combating disease in children — from state-of-the-art diagnostic techniques to the most effective drug therapies and other treatment protocols. PIDJ is a monthly, hybrid open access journal.
The Editor-in-Chief has final responsibility for the editorial content of PIDJ. The journal publisher (LWW) will provide technical support and appropriate training on the submission system and production process. Annual financial support is provided. Responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Provide the highest possible quality of scientific content
- Maintain a coherent scientific vision for the journal, with an international perspective
- Recruit highly qualified colleagues to serve as editors, members of the editorial board, and reviewers
- Assure the integrity and fairness of the review process
- Organize and maintain an efficient office operation
- Develop procedures for effective triage and review of scientific manuscripts
- Manage workflow to meet publication deadlines
- Assure excellent and timely support to authors, reviewers, and other professionals who interact with the journal.
- Add value to papers accepted for publication
- Edit paper for content and style
- Guidance on presentation of figures and tables
- Develop new features and content that serve the interests of the infectious diseases in children community and address the challenges facing the field
- Maintain good relations with ESPID
Applicants for the position of Editor-in-Chief should have stature in the field of infectious diseases in children, a distinguished publication record, and editorial experience.
Applications for the position should include the following:
- Letter of application outlining the candidate’s editorial experience and vision for the journal
- Current CV addressing publication, editorial, and administrative experience
- Names and contact information of 3 references who can address the candidate’s suitability for the position
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply by June 30, 2016. Please direct all queries and applications (electronic submission preferred) to Celia.Braithwait@wolterskluwer.com.