“Measuring the Patient's Perspective”
Deadline for submission: January 5, 2013
Patient-reported measurements have become standard outcomes alongside vision tests in clinical trials; at times even being the main outcome measure. With a developing research focus, these instruments are evolving from relatively simple measures to increasingly discriminatory, reliable and valid ones.
In 2007 OVS had a feature issue related to this topic; since then the field has advanced impressively. Now OVS invites Original Articles, Invited Reviews, Case & Clinical Reports and Technical Reports related to eyes and vision that highlight research and clinical advances for a dedicated theme issue, including, but not limited to:
* the development and validation of instruments that quantify vision-related quality of life or other latent traits
* qualitative research into the patient's perspective of eye and vision problems or treatments
* health valuation instrument development or application studies related to vision
* studies which demonstrate the benefits of contemporary methodologies for instrument design and development e.g. Rasch analysis, item banking, computer adaptive testing, discrete choice experiments.
* studies which compare or assess existing questionnaires that quantify vision-related quality of life or other latent traits
* studies which connect patient-reported measurement to clinical vision tests or task performance
* studies which use vision-related quality of life measures as outcomes in clinical research and clinical trials
* the use of quality of life measures as clinical tools for the eye care practitioner.
All manuscripts will be peer reviewed and must be submitted online at http://ovs.edmgr.com. Submissions must be prepared according to the Instructions for Authors available at http://edmgr.ovid.com/ovs/accounts/ifauth_online.pdf. Indicate during the submission process in the “Author's Comments” box that your paper is being submitted for this feature issue.
The Guest Editors are leading international researchers, including pioneers in their own research area. The Guest Editors are: Konrad Pesudovs, Bob Massof, Mats Lundström, Gary Rubin, Ecosse Lamoureux and Julie Ratcliffe.
Konrad Pesudovs, will be coordinating submitted manuscripts with the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor. Please contact the Editorial Office (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
The Feature Issue will be published in May/June 2013.