Optometry & Vision Science:
Call For Papers
Optometry and Vision Science is soliciting papers for a Feature Issue.
“Glaucoma: Recent Discoveries and Patient Care.”
Deadline for submission is April 1, 2010.
A feature issue provides the opportunity for your work to be published alongside similar subject matter. Past feature issues of OVS have included a number of important and highly cited papers. Optometry and Vision Science (OVS) dedicated Feature issues to Glaucoma in 2006 and 2008. This 2010 Feature Issue will be the third in the OVS biannual series.
It is intended for the feature issue to reflect the considerable research activity and practitioner interest in strategies for glaucoma diagnosis, management, prevention and general exploration of novel approaches that impact caring for patients with glaucoma.
In particular, we are interested in manuscripts on the following topics as they relate to glaucoma:
* Epidemiology and risk factors
* Evaluation and quantification of glaucomatous vision loss (vision function and visual fields) and quality of life issues
* Evaluation and quantification of glaucomatous structural damage (optic nerve head and retina)
* Electrophysiological and other objective measures
* Detection of progression
* Structure – function relationships
* Imaging advances
* Cellular and molecular mechanisms
* Biomechanics of the optic nerve head, sclera, and/or anterior segment
Manuscripts will be peer reviewed and must be submitted online at http://ovs.edmgr.com. They should be prepared according to the instructions to authors available through the web site homepage. Indicate in the “author's comments” that your paper is being submitted for this feature issue.
The Guest Editors will include leading international glaucoma researchers in optometry, ophthalmology and vision science such as Doug Anderson, MD, Murray Fingeret, OD, FAAO, Ted Garway-Heath, MD, Ron Harwerth, OD, PhD, FAAO, and Chris Johnson, PhD, FAAO. Chris Johnson is the lead Guest Editor and will coordinate review of submitted articles in conjunction with the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor. Please contact the Editorial Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.