Vivekanand Gupta, DVM, PhD, Postdoctoral Associate at the Institute for Cancer Research of Fox Chase Cancer Center, has been named the 2012 Outstanding Graduate Scholar by the American Urological Association for his research, “The Role of Activated Tumor-associated Stroma in Supporting Renal Cell Carcinoma Progression.”
Terese Cuddahy, RN, OCN, an infusion room nurse at Fox Chase Cancer Center, has been awarded the DAISY Award by Fox Chase to recognize her clinical skill and compassionate care as a nurse.
Shelly Hayes, MD, Director of Fox Chase Cancer Center Buckingham, has been selected as the 2011–12 Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology Educator of the Year. The ARRA award nationally recognizes an educator from each radiation oncology residency training program for excellence in teaching, as well as enthusiastic support of resident education in radiation oncology.
New ASTRO Fellows
The American Society for Radiation Oncology has named the following individuals to the 2012 class of Fellows.
“Being chosen as an ASTRO Fellow is one of the most distinguished honors that the Society awards. This year's class clearly stood out because of their distinct contributions to ASTRO and to the field of radiation oncology as a whole,” said Michael L. Steinberg, MD, FASTRO, ASTRO President and Professor and Chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology at UCLA's David Geffen School of Medicine. The new fellows are the following:
* Thomas A. Buchholtz, MD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
* Beth A. Erickson, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin
* Francine Halberg, MD, Marin Cancer Institute at Marin General Hospital, Greenbrae, Calif.
* A. Robert Kagan, MD, Southern California Kaiser Permanente Medical Group
* Maria D. Kelly MB, BCh, Veterans Administration New Jersey Healthcare System, East Orange, NJ.
* Eric E. Klein, PhD, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis
* Benjamin Movsas, MD, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit
* Arno J. Mundt, MD, Moores Cancer Center at the University of California San Diego
* Subir Nag, MD, Northern California Kaiser Permanente Medical Group
* Jatinder R. Palta, PhD, University of Florida College of Medicine
* Timothy Whelan, MSc, BM, BCh, Juravinski Cancer Centre at McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
* Joachim Yahalom, MD, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
Share Your Good News!
Send information and photos for this column to OT@LWWNY.com© 2012 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.
More on ONCOLOGY-TIMES.com...