The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) appointed new committee Chairs and Vice Chairs, with terms effective July 1.
* Ad Hoc Disease Transmission Advisory Committee: Chair Michael D. Green, MD, MPH, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, and Vice Chair Daniel R. Kaul, MD, University of Michigan Health System.
* Ad Hoc International Relations Committee: Chair Marian A. O'Rourke, RN, CCTC, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, and Vice Chair Charles E. Alexander, RN, MSN, MBA, CPTC, Living Legacy Foundation of Maryland.
* Executive Committee: Chair John P. Roberts, MD, University of California, San Francisco, Medical Center, and Vice Chair Kenneth A. Andreoni, MD, Ohio State University Medical Center.
* Histocompatibility Committee: Chair Lee Ann Baxter-Lowe, PhD, Immunogenetics and Transplantation Laboratory, University of California, San Francisco, and Vice Chair Dolly B. Tyan, PhD, Histocompatibility, Immunogenetics, and Disease Profiling Laboratory, Stanford University.
* Living Donor Committee: Chair Christie P. Thomas, MD, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, and Vice Chair Sandra J. Taler, MD, Mayo Clinic.
* Membership and Professional Standards Committee: Chair Kenneth A. Andreoni, MD, Ohio State University Medical Center, and Vice Chair Alan I. Reed, MD, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, who is serving the second year of a two-year appointment.
* Operations and Safety Committee: Chair Jean A. Davis, LifeLink Foundation, and Vice Chair Theresa M. Daly, MS, RN, FNP, New York–Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center.
* Organ Procurement Organization Committee: Chair Richard E. Pietroski, MS, Gift of Life Michigan, and Vice Chair Sean F. Van Slyck, CPTC, California Transplant Donor Network.
* Pediatric Transplantation Committee: Chair Heung Bae Kim, MD, Boston Children's Hospital, and Vice Chair Eileen D. Brewer, MD, Texas Children's Hospital.
* Policy Oversight Committee: Chair Carl L. Berg, MD, Duke University Medical Center, and Vice Chair Yolanda T. Becker, MD, University of Chicago Medical Center.
* Thoracic Organ Transplantation Committee: Chair Steven A. Webber, MBChB, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, and Vice Chair Joseph G. Rogers, MD, Duke University Medical Center.
© 2012 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.