* Jianghua Chen, MD, is Chief of the Kidney Disease Center, First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University; Associate Director of the Key Laboratory of Combined Multiorgan Transplantation, Ministry of Public Health; and Director of the Zhejiang Province Branch of the Chinese Medical Association.
* Raymond Krediet, MD, PhD, who retired in October 2010, remains involved in research, academia, and various organizations. Dr. Krediet served as Head of the Department of Nephrology at the Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, as well as President of the International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis and of the European Union of Medical Specialists Specialty Section in Nephrology.
* Philip Kam-Tao Li, MD, is Chief of Nephrology and Consultant Physician in the Department of Medicine and Therapeutics at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Hong Kong and Honorary Professor of Medicine at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Dr. Li also serves on the Council of the International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis, the Board of Directors for Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO), and the Steering Committee for World Kidney Day.
* Peter Stenvinkel, MD, PhD, is Professor and Senior Lecturer in the Division of Renal Medicine at Karolinska University Hospital/Huddinge, as well as a member of the Council of the International Society of Nephrology. His work has focused on inflammation, wasting, and metabolism in patients with chronic kidney disease.
The NKF Professional Councils also recognized excellence in the field with award presentations at the Spring Clinical Meetings.
Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP):
* Dolph Chianchiano, JD, MPA, recently retired Senior Vice President, Health Policy and Research, National Kidney Foundation; Nostradamus Award.
* Marty Bergman, MS, RD, PA-C, Carolina Kidney Associates; Tim Poole Memorial Award.
Council of Nephrology Nurses and Technicians (CNNT):
* Patricia Vaughan, BSN, RN, CNN, Acute Hemodialysis Nurse Manager, Little Company of Mary Hospital, Evergreen Park, IL; Leadership Award.
* Becky DeLaCruz, RN, CHN, CNN, Global Hemodialysis Marketing Manager, Baxter; Distinguished Service Award.
Council of Nephrology Social Workers (CNSW):
* Sandra Coorough, ACSW, LCSW, NSW-C, Phoenix Children's Hospital; Robert W. Whitlock Lifetime Achievement Award and Award for Social Work in a Pediatric Setting.
* Jennifer Miller, LICSW, NSW-C, DaVita, New Hope, MN, and Renata Sledge, MSW, LCSW, Renal Advantage, Fairview Heights, IL; Merit Award.
* Amy Elaine Stoll, MSW, CISW, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics; New Worker Award.
* Gloria Lozano Ramos, MSW, MPA, Fresenius Medical Care, East Los Angeles; Regional Social Work Award–Region V.
Council on Renal Nutrition (CRN):
* Chhaya Patel, MA, RD, CSR; Recognized Renal Dietitian.
* Sara Colman-Carlson, RD, CDE; Susan C. Knapp Excellence in Education Award.
* Micki (Mary) Misiaszek, RD, LDN; Recognized Renal Dietitian–Region I.
* Deborah J. Burt, RD, CSR; Recognized Renal Dietitian–Region II.
* Jennifer M. Kernc, RD, CSR, LD; Recognized Renal Dietitian–Region III.
* Mary Rockwell, RD, CSR, LD; Recognized Renal Dietitian–Region IV.
* Madelyn Koontz, RD, LD; Recognized Renal Dietitian–Region V.
© 2012 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.