Lesley Dinwiddie, MSN, RN, FNP, CNN, was presented with the American Nephrology Nurses' Association (ANNA)'s highest honor, the Outstanding Contribution to ANNA Award, at the association's 41st National Symposium in San Antonio. Ms. Dinwiddie, a past ANNA president; a nephrology nurse consultant in Cary, NC; and Senior Vice President of the Institute for Clinical Excellence, Education, and Research, was recognized for her passion and dedication to nephrology nursing, her service to ANNA, and her commitment to educating nephrology nurses. She has held numerous local, regional, and national positions with ANNA, serving as a mentor and championing quality care initiatives, and she has been actively involved in educating others about vascular access, transplantation, end-of-life care, and chronic kidney disease intervention.
“Lesley has touched the lives of many nurses, patients, and colleagues throughout her career, and this award shows our appreciation for her numerous and noteworthy contributions to ANNA and the specialty of nephrology nursing,” said ANNA President Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, in a news release.
Lesley Dinwiddie, MS...Image Tools
Jeanene Trochesset, BSN, RN, CNN, received ANNA's Ron Brady Memorial Award for Excellence in Volunteer Leadership. Ms. Trochesset, a nurse on the children's end-stage renal disease unit at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, was recognized for volunteer efforts in her local chapter and for her contributions to ANNA's Texas-wide collaborative meeting. The award is named in honor of ANNA's longtime executive director.
The following individuals were also honored at the ANNA symposium:
Jeanene Trochesset, ...Image Tools
• Elizabeth Evans, DNP, nurse practitioner, Renal Medical Associates, Albuquerque, NM: Clinical Practice Award.
• Cheryl Groenhoff, MS, MBA, RN, CNN, Clinical Educator, Renal Division, Baxter Healthcare: Nephrology Nurse Educator Award.
• Norma Heard, MS, BSN, RN, CAN, CLNC, CNN, Clinical Manager, Grady Health System, East Point, GA: Excellence in Nephrology Nursing Management Award.
Cheryl Groenhoff, MS...Image Tools
• Linda Giannamore, RN, staff nurse, Trinity Medical Center, Steubenville, OH: Quality Care Award.
Norma Heard, MS, BSN...Image Tools
• Margaret Nusser Gerlach, MSN, APRN, CNN-NP, nurse practitioner, University of Nebraska Medical Center: Spirit of Nephrology Nursing Award.
Linda Giannamore, RN...Image Tools
• Angela Taylor-Smith, BSN, RN, ASD, CDN, home therapy nurse, Fresenius Medical Care, Lawrenceville, GA: Helen Feigenbaum Award for the Promotion of Excellence in Nephrology Nursing.
Margaret Nusser Gerl...Image Tools
• Zorica Kauric-Klein, MSN, ANP-C, nurse practitioner/instructor, William Beaumont Hospital, Berkley, MI: Research Abstract Award.
Angela Taylor-Smith,...Image Tools
• Beverly Grier-Smith, BSN, RN, CNN, MSHCA, Director, Patient Care Services, Sentara Healthcare, Norfolk, VA: ANNA Board of Directors Award.
• Deborah Brouwer, RN, CNN, Director, Therapy and Clinical Programs, Renal Solutions, McMurray, PA, and Juanita Martinez, BSN, RN, CCRN, CNN, nephrology nurse clinician, Alamo Kidney Health, San Antonio: Representation Award.
Beverly Grier-Smith,...Image Tools
Marion Smith, RN, Clinical Manager for Fresenius Medical Care New Hampshire Kidney Center in Concord, was recognized with the Ernestine M. Lowrie Award for Clinical Excellence by Fresenius Medical Care North America. The award is presented in remembrance of Ernestine M. Lowrie, RN, who laid the foundation for nursing leadership and patient care at Fresenius and helped establish the company's outpatient dialysis programs, noted a news release from Fresenius. At New Hampshire Kidney Center, Ms. Smith leads a team-care approach that focuses on quality improvement. She also is a committed volunteer and fund-raiser, participating in government affairs initiatives to support end-stage renal disease reimbursement, holding a silent auction to benefit the Fresenius Medical Care Relief Fund for victims of the January earthquake in Haiti, and regularly participating in the National Kidney Foundation's walk.
Juanita Martinez, BS...Image Tools
David H. Ellison, MD, Head of the Division of Nephrology and Hypertension at Oregon Health & Science University, as well as Professor of Medicine and of Physiology and Pharmacology there, was elected Chair of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)'s Nephrology Subspecialty Board, and Jeffrey S. Berns, MD, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, was elected as a new member of the Board.
Marion Smith, RN...Image Tools
Brigitte Schiller, MD, was named Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for Satellite Healthcare. Dr. Schiller, who also is Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor in the Division of Nephrology at Stanford University. had previously served as acting CMO for Satellite. As Chief Medical Officer, she is to oversee clinical practices across Satellite Dialysis and Wellbound locations, as well as the company's research priorities.
Prabir Roy-Chaudhury, MD, PhD, a nephrologist with University of Cincinnati (UC) Health, is Medical Director of the new UC Health Vascular Access Center in West Chester. The center is to provide a full range of vascular access services, including catheter placement and removal, angioplasty and thrombectomy of arteriovenous fistulae and grafts, and vein mapping prior to access placement. In addition, the vascular access center is to train nephrologists in these procedures.
Brigitte Schiller, M...Image Tools
The California Transplant Donor Network (CTDN) appointed Nikole Neidlinger, MD, as its first on-staff Medical Director. Dr. Neidlinger will be responsible for the oversight of the donor network's clinical standards of practice and the achievement of quality outcomes.
Prabir Roy-Chaudhury...Image Tools
“[Dr. Neidlinger's] previous experience as a transplant surgeon, Medical Director at an organ recovery agency in Wisconsin, and clinical researcher will foster CTDN's continued growth and expertise in the field of organ donation and recovery,” said Cindy Siljestrom, Chief Executive Officer of the donor network.
Nikole Neidlinger, M...Image Tools
© 2010 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.