Updates, news and events from the Medicine Editorial Office.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Medicine® is delighted to announce the initiation of a program for awarding continuing education CME credits for Peer Review. For specific types of articles as selected by the editor, reviewers may be eligible to earn several continuing education credits.
Quality Peer Review is one of the most integral components in achieving Medicine®'s mission and reviewers are an invaluable part of this process. We hope that by providing CME, Medicine® is part of reviewers pursuit to advance their knowledge and assess the scientific literature in their field in addition to rewarding them for their part in the publication process. For more information on CME for Reviewers please visit our CME FAQ page.
Visit the Medicine®
site for more Guidelines and Information for Reviewers
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
We are excited to announce that Medicine® will be bringing authors article-level metrics with Altmetric badges. We know authors are curious about who is talking about their articles and where they are being shared online. Now with Altmetric badges, authors will be able to:
• Track online attention surrounding every article and help readers follow the stories surrounding the research
• Watch all the conversations at once from Twitter, Facebook, science blogs, mainstream news outlets and many more sources
Article level metrics are a new and interesting way to track a journals impact beyond the traditional methods. Altmetrics provide real-time feedback to authors and researchers about popular articles in their field.
Below is an example screenshot of how the Altmetric badge will appear on the Medicine® website, md-journal.com. Authors and readers can use the 'See more details' link to track the discussion around the published article.
Monday, March 2, 2015
Medicine®, a Wolters Kluwer Health publication and one of the most respected and frequently cited journals in general medicine, is pleased to announce the launch of Medicine®: HIV/AIDS, an online channel of content specifically dedicated to the publication and distribution of AIDS- and HIV-related research. Medicine®: HIV/AIDS will consider submissions in the following subject areas:
- Diagnosis and Evaluation of HIV Infection
- Treatment of HIV infection
- Treatment failure and resistance testing
- Prophylaxis and treatment of opportunistic infections
- Complications of HIV infection
- HIV infection and pregnancy
- Post-exposure and pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Public health and HIV prevention
Submissions to Medicine®: HIV/AIDS will be published and indexed under the Medicine® ISSN.
For information on Medicine®: HIV/AIDS, open access, and submissions, please visit our Medicine®: HIV/AIDS Information page.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
As part of the Medicine's transition to a fully open access journal, we are pleased to announce that all issues of Medicine are now freely available.
First published 93 years ago, the Medicine archives extend back to the inaugural issue, published in 1922. The issues from 1922 to 2000 are available in PDF format only, with issues published from 2001 to the present available in full-text HTML, PDF, and ePUB formats.
For information on Medicine, open access, and submissions, please visit our Open Access Information page.
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Are you interested in joining the Medicine editorial board as an Academic Editor? In this role, you would play an essential part in ensuring that accepted content is scientifically and ethically sound, and in compliance with standard reporting guidelines.
Objectives for Academic Editors
- Supervise the review and adjudication of manuscripts submitted to your area of expertise.
- Help communicate the results of peer review to facilitate the revision of the submitted manuscripts.
- Help recruit further Academic Editors where submission volume is high.
Remuneration and Term of Office
- Academic Editors will serve for a renewable term of 1 year.
- There will be no direct financial remuneration, but Academic Editors will be acknowledged for their work on
the Journal website.
For more information, please register your interest (including an updated CV) via email to Senior Publisher, Duncan MacRae: email@example.com