The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) is the national organization representing local health departments. It supports efforts that protect and improve the health of all people and all communities by promoting national policy, developing resources and programs, seeking health equity, and supporting effective local public health practice and systems.
* The customer is front and center.
* Management expects staff to solve problems.
* Problems themselves are not only freely aired but also embraced as opportunities for improvement.
* QI is integrated with the strategic plan.
* Improvement is continuous.