2014 Innovations Conference
Calling all nurse educators, students, clinicians, and researchers! Plan to attend the 4th biennial Innovations in Faith-Based Nursing Conference, June 16 to 19, 2014 at Indiana Wesleyan University. See http://www.indwes.edu/Nursing-Innovations/ for updates and more information.
* Explore Christian foundations and worldviews in professional nursing.
* Identify innovative teaching strategies for nursing education and practice.
* Embrace cultural attributes in the profession of nursing in local and global settings.
* Experience networking in a Christian community.
* Practice/Advanced Practice
Cost is $500.00 and includes the conference, CE credits, meals, and accommodations in beautiful dorms ($400 for conference, CE, and meals only).
JCN Reader Survey
I wish they would include … in JCN. I'd like to see a feature article discuss…. Your thoughts and insight matter to the staff of JCN. We've loaded a JCN reader survey at www.journalofchristiannursing.com. Help us provide the typeof content most useful to you in your nursing setting. What is your favorite part of JCN? What column could be replaced? Should wecontinue to provide the Resources and PulseBeats sections? We'd love your feedback, in fact, we are counting on it!
Complete the survey by March 1, 2014 and you can enter a drawing to win a $100 Amazon.com giftcard!
Do you have an interest in writing a column for JCN? Have a knack for writing? Is there something you'd like to address through a column? Got a nursing story you'd like to share? Tell about a real-life experience of how you've ministered to a patient or family, of how you've integrated faith and nursing. Are you a nurse educator? Write on a topic dear to your heart to encourage other educators. Are you interested in nursing history? Write about what you learn from the past and make application to nursing today. We'd like quality submissions for the Practicing, Called to Teach, In Retrospect, and FAQs in Spiritual Care columns. Word count is limited to 700 words including references. See specific author guidelines at http://edmgr.ovid.com/ncf-jcn/accounts/ifauth.htm
In each issue of JCN, we review books that are of interest to student nurses, nurse educators, and practicing nurses. See pages 64-65 of this issue to read current book reviews. Have you read a book you'd like to see noted in JCN? If so, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to submit a book review for possible publication in the journal.
Write to us. We'd love to hear how JCN affects your nursing practice. See note below regarding letters to the editor. Or post your comments on theblog at http://ncfnurses.wordpress.com/
Organize Your Journals
Do you need an effective way to keep journals or magazines organized and safe? Purchase beautiful magazine storage boxes on eBay at http://www.ebay.com/sch/odonskoy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
These sturdy boxes in blue or maroon come with label tags; cost just $11.00 each (sets of 2 or 10). Order online or call the eBay store at 215-957-5626. (NOTE: JCN and NCF are not selling these boxes; this is a service of TNC Enterprises to our readers.)
Coming soon in JCN
* Connecting Active Listening and Emotional Competence in Clinical Practice by Michelle Doas
* Teaching Spiritual Care Throughout a Baccalaureate Nursing Curriculum by Elizabeth Johnston Taylor
* Using Evidenced-Based Practice in the Faith Community by Lynn A Maitlen
* Religiosity and Parental Acceptance of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine by Diane Reynolds
* Anxiety in America: Etiology and Intervention by Debra Walker and Jane Leach
* Survey Assessment of the Faith Community: This May Help! by Lucy Tormoehlen
* Are We Training Healthy Clergy? How Can Nurses Help? by Melissa Bopp
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We love feedback and receiving your letters! Write to us at email@example.com. In order to publish your letter in JCN, you must complete a Copyright Transfer Form (CTA). Find the form at http://www.editorialmanager.com/ncf-jcn/ Click on “Copyright Transfer PDF.” Complete and email the CTA to firstname.lastname@example.org with your letter; email or call 608.846.8560 for assistance.