* Read the article on page 77.
* Take the test, recording your answers in the test answers section (Section B) of the CE enrollment form. Each question has only one correct answer.
* Complete registration information (Section A) and course evaluation (Section C).
* Mail completed test with registration fee to: Broad Data Systems, Inc, 74 Brick Blvd, Bldg 4, Suite 206, Brick, NJ 08723.
* Within 4–6 weeks after your CE enrollment form is received, you will be notified of your test results.
* If you pass, you will receive a certificate of earned contact hours and answer key. If you fail, you have the option of taking the test again at no additional cost.
* A passing score for this test is 13 correct answers.
* Need CE STAT? Visit www.nursingcenter.com for immediate results, other CE activities and your personalized CE planner tool.
* No Internet access? Call 1-800-787-8985, for other rush service options.
* Questions? Contact Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 1-800-787-8985.
Registration Deadline: April 30, 2016
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, publisher of Journal of Dermatology Nursing, will award 2.0 contact hours for this continuing nursing education activity.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749 for 2.0 contact hours. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is also an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the District of Columbia and Florida #50-1223. Your certificate is valid in all states.
The ANCC’s accreditation status of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Department of Continuing Education refers only to its continuing educational activities and does not imply Commission on Accreditation approval or endorsement of any commercial product.
The authors and CE planners have disclosed that they have no financial relationships related to this article.
Payment and Discounts:
* The registration fee for this test is $10.00 members; $20.00 nonmembers
* If you take two or more tests in any nursing journal published by LWW together by mail, and deduct $0.95 from the price of each test.
* We offer special discounts for as few as six tests and institutional bulk discounts for multiple tests. Call 1-800-787-8985, for more information.
CE TEST QUESTIONS
GENERAL PURPOSE: To provide information on a collaborative effort to identify research priorities in the field of acne.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: After reading this article and taking this test, you should be able to:
1. Identify the pathophysiology and epidemiology of acne vulgaris.
2. Examine the steps that will be taken to identify the top unanswered questions for acne research.
1. As noted in the article, acne vulgaris is a chronic inflammatory disease of
a. the stratum corneum.
b. Meissner’s corpuscles.
c. the dermal papilla.
d. pilosebaceous follicles.
2. The major etiological features of acne include all of the following except
a. end organ hypersensitivity to androgens.
c. abnormal differentiation of follicular keratinocytes.
d. B-cell-driven inflammation.
3. During adrenarche in both genders, rising levels of what androgen trigger the onset of sebum secretion?
4. As noted in the article, which statement is true regarding microcomedones?
a. They are visible on the skin surface.
b. They will always heal by scarring.
c. They are comprised of dead skin cells and sebum.
d. They are formed by trapped sweat and dirt on the skin.
5. Microcomedones are the precursors of all of the following except
a. sebaceous filaments.
6. Which skin organism drives the inflammation of acne?
a. Staphylococcus epidermidis
c. Pseudomonas aeruginosa
d. Propionibacterium acnes
7. On a global scale acne is estimated to affect a total of
a. 429,000,000 people.
b. 652,000,000 people.
d. 922,000,000 people.
8. In most developed societies, the prevalence of acne is significantly impacted by the availability of
a. chocolate, pizza, and fried foods.
b. fresh water for proper hygiene.
c. effective treatments.
d. increased levels of stress.
9. Which statement is true regarding acne?
a. Prevalence and presentation are the same across ethnicities.
b. It often results in a loss of self-confidence/self-esteem.
c. It is the fifth most common skin disease.
d. Middle age is beginning to overtake adolescence as the most common time of onset.
10. The non-profit organization in the U.K. that helps to identify research priorities about specific health conditions is the
a. A S P E N Rhoads Research Foundation, Inc.
b. James Lind Alliance.
c. Axios Healthcare Development Inc.
d. Batey Relief Alliance.
11. The British national organization that supports leading edge research focused on the needs of patients and the public is the
a. CSP Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center.
b. Scripps Research Institute.
c. UNC Collaborative Studies Coordinating Center.
d. National Institute for Health Research Evaluation, Trials, and Studies Coordinating Centre.
12. The first step of the acne priority setting partnership to gather information for acne research is
a. identification of treatment uncertainties.
b. priority setting.
c. recruitment of partner organizations.
d. translation workshops.
13. Survey 1, the identification of treatment uncertainties, was
a. distributed in hard copy and electronically.
b. conducted with one-on-one interviews.
c. distributed on Facebook® and Twitter® accounts only.
d. performed via telephone interviews.
14. Survey 1 will be available for completion for at least
a. 4 weeks.
b. 8 weeks.
c. 4 months.
d. 8 months.
15. In the “Collating, Refining, and Verifying Uncertainties” stage,
a. indicative uncertainties will be arranged using a hierarchical taxonomy.
b. questions addressed by previous research will be re-studied.
c. participant demographics will be collated.
d. inclusion/exclusion criteria will be applied to participants.
16. In Survey 2 the list of potential research questions will be reduced to
a. 1–5 questions.
b. 10–15 questions.
c. 20–25 questions.
d. 30–35 questions.
17. Which statement is true regarding Survey 2?
a. The researchers will select a new group of participants.
b. Participants will be invited to choose up to 10 research questions.
c. Participants will be asked to prioritize the questions.
d. The researchers will rank questions by the number of votes each receives.
18. If consensus cannot be reached in the priority setting workshop, the priorities of different categories of participants will be
a. sorted through and some will be discarded.
b. listed separately.
c. combined and modified.
d. put on hold for reexamination at a later date.
Copyright © 2014 by the Dermatology Nurses' Association.