Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology:
The author declares that there is nothing to disclose.
Reprints: Leah Kopp, WGO and WGO Foundation, World Gastroenterology Organisation, WGO Foundation, 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (e-mail: email@example.com).
Asian Pacific Digestive Week 2013|World Congress of Gastroenterology, September 21 to September 24, 2013|Shanghai Expo Center, Shanghai, China
A World Congress in Asia!
A dynamic, stimulating, and varied scientific program of the highest quality will be presented next month at Gastro 2013 APDW/WCOG Shanghai, taking a global perspective while recognizing the special concerns of the Asian-Pacific region.
The Scientific Program, which combines a full 1-day Postgraduate Course/Live Demonstration Endoscopy Program with the 3 day Main Meeting, will result in a golden opportunity to be informed of the latest scientific achievements, to discuss recent discoveries, and finally to renew both professional and personal friendships with peers from around the world.
WHY EVERYONE SHOULD ATTEND GASTRO 2013?
- It is the World Congress of Gastroenterology and it comes to Asia only once every 12 years.
- First time ever in exotic China!
- This will be an incomparable celebration of the art and sciences of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Endoscopy, and GI Surgery.
- The Congress will offer a comprehensive and highly academic Scientific Program.
- Two days of Live Demonstration Endoscopy by the top experts from around the world.
- Experience an unbeatable social program in Shanghai with easy day-trips to beautiful Suzhou and Hangzhou!
HIGHLIGHTS OF WCOG 2013-GASTRO 2013
NINE QUADRENNIAL WORKING PARTY REPORTS
- Radiologic exposure in gastroenterology
- Chair: Immanuel Ho, Philadelphia, PA
- Diagnostic approaches to chronic diarrhea
- Chair: Lawrence Schiller, Dallas, TX
- Celiac disease—an emerging epidemic in the Asian-Pacific region and a global concern
- Chairs: Govind Makaharia, New Delhi, India; Chris Mulder, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Genetics of GI disease
- Chair: Janusz Jankowski, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Standardized endoscopy reporting
- Chair: Lars Aabakken, Oslo, Norway
- Interval lesions in colorectal cancer screening and serrated polyps
- Chairs: Evelien Dekker, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Silvia Sanduleanu, Maastricht, The Netherlands; Gerrit Meijer, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- A novel validated classification for perianal lesions and fistulas in Crohn’s disease
- Chairs: Geert D’Haens, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Brian Feagan, London, Canada; Jean-Frédéric Colombel, Lille, France
- Endoscopic management of early gastroenterology cancers
- Chair: Kenneth Wang, Rochester, NY
- Definition of acute on chronic liver failure
- Chair: Rajiv Jalan, London, United Kingdom; Patrick Kamath, Rochester, NY
NINE NAMED LECTURESHIPS
WGO Henry L. Bockus Medal and Lecture: A grand global challenge for the 21st century
Michael Farthing, Brighton, United Kingdom
WGO Georges Brohée Medal Lecture: New views on pathogenesis of NASH and how it should inform management
Geoffrey Farrell, Canberra, Australia
WEO François Moutier Lecture: Innovations in diagnostic endoscopy
Thierry Ponchon, Lyon, France
WEO Rudolf Schindler Lecture: Evolving endoscopic surgery
Paulo Sakai, Sao Paulo, Brazil
WEO Sadataka Tasada Lecture: Recent advances in endoscopy in the Asian-Pacific region
William Chao, Hong Kong, China
JGHF Okuda Lecture: Immune disorders lead to liver damage and influence antiviral efficacy in patients with chronic HBV
Fu-sheng Wang, Beijing, China
JGHF Marshall & Warren Lecture: Adult tissue stem cell therapy for gastrointestinal diseases
Mamoru Watanabe, Tokyo, Japan
JGHF Emerging Leader Lecture: Involvement of luminal nitric oxide in the pathogenesis of gastroesophageal reflux disease spectrum
Katsunori Iijima, Sendai, Japan
JGHF Emerging Leader Lecture: Dual HCV and HBV Infection: Resolved and unresolved issues
Chun-jen Liu, Taipei, Taiwan
MASTERS OF THE WGO AWARDS
The highest recognition of lifetime achievement and contribution to Gastroenterology will be awarded at Gastro 2013.
Visit http://www.gastro2013.org for more information on the Congress