1. Staphylococcal hematogenous osteomyelitis is a clinical entity.
2. The blood is most frequently infected from a skin lesion.
3. It is a disease of youth, the metaphysis, the periosteum, and the medulla of the epiphysis being infected.
4. Children with skin lesions should be restricted in their physical activities, and toxoid should be administered.
5. Administration of antitoxin intravenously is not a safe procedure.
6. Toxoid will raise the titer in some cases where infection has not done so.
7. No case should be operated upon in which there is not a definite abscess.
(C) 1938 All Rights Reserved.The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc.