The traction sleeve is washable, non-shrinkable, and nearly indestructible. Several advantages of the sleeve method over other forms of emergency traction have been observed:
1. It is more comfortable to the patient.
2. It may be applied more quickly and gently.
3. It requires less experience and training for its application.
4. It provides even pressure underneath the injured extremity. There is no undue sagging.
5. It does not slip distally on the splint.
6. It is adjustable to either arm or leg splint of any standard size.
7. It is made in one piece, is compact, and the parts are not easily mislaid.
8. Its appearance is neater than most other types of emergency traction apparatus.
9. It is possibly more economical in the long run.
(C) 1936 All Rights Reserved.The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc.