1. Reduction of fresh crush fractures is possible, if adequate manipulative hyperextension is accomplished early.
2. The extent of reduction is measured by the anterior vertical height.
3. The method described for crush fractures is applicable and advisable as an aid in fracture dislocations of the spine.
4. Adequate splintage and ease in handling is essential to a successful result.
5. For the changes of position required by first aid, x-ray, and bedcare, the rolling plan is safe and easily executed.
(C) 1929 All Rights Reserved.The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc.