Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants:
All posttests must be completed and submitted online.
AAPA members should complete and submit posttests on the AAPA website by going to the JAAPA post-test box on http://cme.aapa.org. To obtain 1 hour of AAPA Category I CME credit, PAs must receive a score of 70% or better on each test taken.
CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, PAGE 19
1. Which formula should be used to determine GFR for calculating renal dosing?
d. any of the above depending on the patient's GFR and body surface area
2. The dosing strategy of administering a loading dose is often effective for which class of medications?
d. diabetes medications
3. Which of the following antibiotics is not indicated for patients with creatinine clearance less than 60 mL/minute?
4. In patients with renal impairment, metformin has been controversially associated with an increased incidence of which condition?
b. lactic acidosis
d. worsening renal function
5. Which of the following is not a safe analgesic for patients with CKD?
6. How should patients receiving peritoneal dialysis be dosed?
a. based on their GFR calculated by the Cockcroft-Gault formula
b. based on their GFR calculated by the MDRD formula
c. based on a GFR of 15 mL/min
d. no adjustment is required due to substantial advances in dialysis technologyPANCREATIC CANCER, PAGE 27
7. The risk of developing pancreatic cancer increases significantly after what age?
a. 40 years old
b. 50 years old
c. 60 years old
d. 70 years old
8. What is the most common presenting symptom of pancreatic cancer?
a. epigastric pain
c. nausea and vomiting
d. periumbilical pain
9. What percent of patients have a first-degree relative with pancreatic cancer?
a. 5% to 10%
b. 20% to 30%
c. 40% to 50%
d. 60% to 70%
10. Which diagnostic test has the highest accuracy in assessing the extent of primary pancreatic tumors?
b. helical CT scan
c. PET scan
d. transabdominal ultrasound
11. What percentage of patients have resectable pancreatic tumors?
a. 0% to 5%
b. 5% to 10%
c. 15% to 20%
d. 25% to 30%
12. Which of the following is not a palliative care intervention for pancreatic cancer?
a. biliary tract stenting for jaundice-associated pruritus
b. gemcitabine for tumor shrinkage
c. opioids for pain
d. pancreatic lipase enzymes for steatorrhea and weight loss
© 2013 American Academy of Physician Assistants.