About the Publication
Heart Insight, a quarterly magazine published by the American Heart Association (AHA) and Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW), for patients, their families and caregivers.
Heart Insight is the first AHA consumer magazine that focuses exclusively on managing and preventing cardiovascular disease and related conditions. An official publication of the AHA, Heart Insight offers patients, their families and caregivers hope, inspiration, and encouragement by featuring articles about, and by, people who have first-hand experience dealing with cardiovascular conditions, either as patients or as caregivers.
Heart Insight is lively, upbeat and glossy – but also provides readers with the most up-to-date, authoritative and practical advice on a wide range of heart-related conditions, including:
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Hardening of the Arteries (Atherosclerosis)
- Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Irregular Heartbeat (Arrhythmia)
- Mini-Stroke (Transient Ischemic Attack)
- Stroke (Cerebral Infarction)
Each issue of Heart Insight is brimming with practical advice on managing or avoiding heart disease, along with realistic goals against which to measure progress, including how to:
- Work with your doctor to manage elevated cholesterol, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, congestive heart failure, diabetes, stroke and other cardiovascular conditions;
- Reduce your risk of developing heart problems with lifestyle changes that can be worked into your busy schedule, and realistic goals to measure your progress; and
- Deal with insurance paperwork, financial decisions, getting the best deal you can on the medications you need and other information vital to patients and to caregivers coping with chronic medical issues.
In addition, Heart Insight will help you stay on top of important news that could affect your treatment, including:
- The latest research published in medical journals or presented at cardiology conferences.
- New medications or therapies that have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- The latest treatment guidelines and statements by the American Heart Association.
In addition to publishing Heart Insight in partnership with the AHA, LWW also publishes the AHA's 12 scientific journals: Circulation; Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology; Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics; Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging; Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions; Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes; Circulation Heart Failure; Circulation Research; Arteriosclerosis; Thrombosis and Vascular Biology; Hypertension; and Stroke.
Publication & Editorial Staff Contacts
|Director, Managed and Targeted Publications
Vice President, Nursing, Health & Wellness Publishing
Jennifer E. Brogan
Vice President of Publishing and eProducts
CEO and President
Vice President, North American Sales
Vice President, Advertising Sales
Advertising Sales Director
Senior Portfolio Marketing Manager
National Accounts Manager
Translation, Rights & Licensing
Cynthia A. Laufenberg, M.A.
Manager of Circulation
Heart Insight Editorial Offices
Two Commerce Square
2001 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103