Randi Y. Zung, Editorial Assistant
Each new manuscript submission that is submitted to Obstetrics & Gynecology
is evaluated for completeness by the editorial office before it is sent out to our experts for peer review. As stated in our Instructions for Authors (available at http://edmgr.ovid.com/ong/accounts/authors.pdf
), all new submissions must include:
- a cover letter to the editors,
- a title page that includes the names of all of the authors and their institutions,
- a précis,
- a formatted abstract*,
- a double-spaced manuscript*,
- a list of references, and
- figures, tables, and any supplemental digital content (if applicable).
*Please see our Instructions for Authors to review the specific formatting guidelines for original research, case report, and systematic review submissions.
If one of the aforementioned components is missing from a submission, the editorial office will send the submission back to the author. When the editorial office sends a submission back, the corresponding author will be notified by e-mail of the changes that are needed before the submission can be processed.
To view the editorial office’s “Sent Back to Author” notification letter:
- Login as an Author to Editorial Manager
- Click on the link that says “Submissions Sent Back to Author”
- With your cursor, hover over “Action Links” and click on the option that says “View Letter”
The letter will state the reason(s) why the submission was returned to the author, and will include guidelines for how the author can edit his/her manuscript to make it acceptable to be sent out for peer review.
To edit the “Sent Back to Author” submission:
- Hover over “Action Links” and click on the option that says “Edit Submission”
- Make the requested changes that are stated in the notification letter from the editorial office
When the requested changes have been completed, the author should review the submission to make sure everything is correct. To submit the manuscript to the editorial office, the author should click on the option that says “Approve Submission.”
On the Author Main Menu, the submission will now appear in the link that says “Submissions Being Processed.”
All “Sent Back to Author” submissions that have not been addressed within 14 days of receipt of the notification letter will be withdrawn from consideration.
If you need assistance with your submission, please contact the editorial office by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at 202-314-2317.