Obstetrics & Gynecology:
Abstracts or summaries of online content are printed in every issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology in this section. The complete documents can be found on our website, www.greenjournal.org. The specific URL for the content in this section is printed at the end of the abstract or summary.
What’s New Online March 2017
○ Journal Club questionnaires accompany the articles by Hanley et al (“Interpregnancy Interval and Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes: An Analysis of Successive Pregnancies”; p. 408) and Abernethy et al (“Urinary Microbiome and Cytokine Levels in Women With Interstitial Cystitis”; p. 500).
○ A new Quick Poll is available on the type of pain management after a routine vaginal delivery. See the article by Jarlenski et al (“Filled Prescriptions for Opioids After Vaginal Delivery”; p. 431).
○ Links to the following web-based resources or journals have been provided for selected content in the March 2017 issue:
* “Less-Restrictive Food Intake During Labor in Low-Risk Singleton Pregnancies: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis” by Ciardulli et al (p. 473)
* “Risk Factors for Postcesarean Maternal Infection in a Trial of Extended Spectrum Antibiotic Prophylaxis” by Boggess et al (p. 481)
Cochrane Review and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Consensus Bundle on Maternal Mental Health: Perinatal Depression and Anxiety” by Kendig et al (p. 422)
* “Assessment of Transvaginal Ultrasound Cervical Length Image Quality” by Boelig et al (p. 536)
* “Pharmacies' Duty to Dispense Emergency Contraception: A Discussion of Religious Liberty” by Yang and Sawicki (p. 551)
* “Safety of Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis Vaccination During Pregnancy: A Systematic Review” by McMillan et al (p. 560)
Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Single Health System Adherence to 2012 Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines at Extremes of Age and Posthysterectomy” by Teoh et al (p. 448)
* “Pulmonary Hypertension in Pregnancy: A Report of 49 Cases at Four Tertiary North American Sites” by Meng et al (p. 511)
* “Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Pregnant Women” by Rush et al (p. 530)
Cochrane Review and Pearls of Exxcellence
* “Fecal Microbiota Transplant for Clostridium difficile Infection in a Pregnant Patient” by Saeedi et al (p. 507)
○ A video is available for Illston et al (“Modified Beef Tongue Model for Fourth-Degree Laceration Repair Simulation”; p. 491. Another video is available for Pachtman et al (“Detecting Pulmonary Edema in Obstetric Patients Through Point-of-Care Lung Ultrasonography”; p. 525).