What’s New Online March 2017
○ Journal Club questionnaires accompany the articles by Hanley et al (“Interpregnancy Interval and Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes: An Analysis of Successive Pregnancies”; p. 408) and Abernethy et al (“Urinary Microbiome and Cytokine Levels in Women With Interstitial Cystitis”; p. 500).
○ A new Quick Poll is available on the type of pain management after a routine vaginal delivery. See the article by Jarlenski et al (“Filled Prescriptions for Opioids After Vaginal Delivery”; p. 431).
○ Links to the following web-based resources or journals have been provided for selected content in the March 2017 issue:
* “Less-Restrictive Food Intake During Labor in Low-Risk Singleton Pregnancies: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis” by Ciardulli et al (p. 473)
* “Risk Factors for Postcesarean Maternal Infection in a Trial of Extended Spectrum Antibiotic Prophylaxis” by Boggess et al (p. 481)
Cochrane Review and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Consensus Bundle on Maternal Mental Health: Perinatal Depression and Anxiety” by Kendig et al (p. 422)
* “Assessment of Transvaginal Ultrasound Cervical Length Image Quality” by Boelig et al (p. 536)
* “Pharmacies' Duty to Dispense Emergency Contraception: A Discussion of Religious Liberty” by Yang and Sawicki (p. 551)
* “Safety of Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis Vaccination During Pregnancy: A Systematic Review” by McMillan et al (p. 560)
Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Single Health System Adherence to 2012 Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines at Extremes of Age and Posthysterectomy” by Teoh et al (p. 448)
* “Pulmonary Hypertension in Pregnancy: A Report of 49 Cases at Four Tertiary North American Sites” by Meng et al (p. 511)
* “Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Pregnant Women” by Rush et al (p. 530)
Cochrane Review and Pearls of Exxcellence
* “Fecal Microbiota Transplant for Clostridium difficile Infection in a Pregnant Patient” by Saeedi et al (p. 507)
○ A video is available for Illston et al (“Modified Beef Tongue Model for Fourth-Degree Laceration Repair Simulation”; p. 491. Another video is available for Pachtman et al (“Detecting Pulmonary Edema in Obstetric Patients Through Point-of-Care Lung Ultrasonography”; p. 525).