Obstetrics & Gynecology:
February 2014 Issue
Abstracts or summaries of online content are printed in every issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology in this section. The complete documents can be found on our web site, www.greenjournal.org. The specific URL for the content in this section is printed at the end of the abstract or summary.
What’s New Online February 2014
∘ Journal Club questionnaires accompany the articles by Ballard et al (“Bowel Preparation Before Vaginal Prolapse Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial”; p. 232) and Miller et al (“Association Between Obstetrician Forceps Volume and Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes”; p. 248).
∘ A new Quick Poll on number of forceps deliveries is available. See the related article by Miller et al (“Association Between Obstetrician Forceps Volume and Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes; p. 248).
∘ Green Journal Global Health highlights one article in this month’s issue: “Safety of Trial of Labor After Cesarean Delivery in Grandmultiparous Women” by Hochler et al (p. 304).
∘ Links to the following web-based resources or journals have been provided for selected content in the February 2014 issue:
* “Bowel Preparation Before Vaginal Prolapse Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial” by Ballard et al (p. 232)
* “The Incarcerated Gravid Uterus: Complications and Lessons Learned” by Newell et al (p. 423 in the February 2014 Part 2 issue)
UpToDate® and Cochrane Review
* “Association Between Obstetrician Forceps Volume and Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes” by Miller et al (p. 248)
UpToDate®, Cochrane Review, and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Number of Embryos Transferred After In Vitro Fertilization and Good Perinatal Outcome” by Kissin et al (p. 239)
* “Placental Findings in Singleton Stillbirths” by Pinar et al (p. 325)
Pearls of Exxcellence
* “Amniotic Fluid Embolism” by Clark (p. 337)
∘ An “Ask the Experts” document accompanies this month's Clinical Expert Series article on amniotic fluid embolism by Clark (p. 337).
∘ Videos accompany two articles in the February 2014, Part 2, issue: “Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration for Uterine Arteriovenous Malformation” by Kishino et al (p. 427) and “Uterine Artery Pseudoaneurysm Requiring Embolization During Pregnancy” by Cornette et al (p. 453).
∘ A podcast, featuring Dr. Nancy Chescheir reviewing the Editors’ Picks for the February 2014 issue, is available.
© 2014 by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Published by Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. All rights reserved.