Abstracts or summaries of online content are printed in every issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology in this section. The complete documents can be found on our web site, www.greenjournal.org. The specific URL for the content in this section is printed at the end of the abstract or summary.
What’s New Online (August 2013)
∘ Journal Club questionnaires accompany the articles by Wing et al (“Misoprostol Vaginal Insert and Time to Vaginal Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial”; p. 201) and Pavlik et al (“Frequency and Disposition of Ovarian Abnormalities Followed With Serial Transvaginal Ultrasonography”; p. 210).
∘ A new Quick Poll on gestational diabetes screening is available. See the editorial by Dr. Saade, “Expanding the Screening for Diabetes in Pregnancy: Overmedicalization or the Right Thing To Do?” (p. 195) and the National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement (“National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement: Diagnosing Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, March 4–6, 2013”; p. 358).
∘ Green Journal Global Health highlights two articles in this month’s issue: “Uterine Massage to Reduce Blood Loss After Vaginal Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial” by Chen et al (p. 290) and “Postpartum Contraception in Publicly-Funded Programs and Interpregnancy Intervals” by Thiel de Bocanegra et al (p. 296).
∘ Links to the following web-based resources or journals have been provided for selected content in the August 2013 issue:
* “Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Pelvic Organ Support During Pregnancy” by Staer-Jensen et al (p. 329)
UpToDate® and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Misoprostol Vaginal Insert and Time to Vaginal Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial” by Wing et al (p. 201)
* “Risk Factors for Anal Intraepithelial Neoplasia in Women With Genital Dysplasia” by ElNaggar and Santoso (p. 218)
UpToDate,® Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Pearls of Exxcellence
* “Frequency and Disposition of Ovarian Abnormalities Followed With Serial Transvaginal Ultrasonography” by Pavlik et al (p. 210)
UpToDate,® Cochrane Review, and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Diminishing Availability of Trial of Labor After Cesarean Delivery in New Mexico Hospitals” by Leeman et al (p. 242)
Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Enhanced Recovery in Gynecologic Surgery” by Kalogera et al (p. 319)
Pearls of Exxcellence
* “Vasa Previa: Clinical Presentations, Outcomes, and Implications for Management” by Bronsteen et al (p. 352)
∘ A podcast, featuring Dr. Nancy Chescheir reviewing the Editors’ Picks for the August 2013 issue, is available.