What’s New Online (August 2013)
∘ Journal Club questionnaires accompany the articles by Wing et al (“Misoprostol Vaginal Insert and Time to Vaginal Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial”; p. 201) and Pavlik et al (“Frequency and Disposition of Ovarian Abnormalities Followed With Serial Transvaginal Ultrasonography”; p. 210).
∘ A new Quick Poll on gestational diabetes screening is available. See the editorial by Dr. Saade, “Expanding the Screening for Diabetes in Pregnancy: Overmedicalization or the Right Thing To Do?” (p. 195) and the National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement (“National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement: Diagnosing Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, March 4–6, 2013”; p. 358).
∘ Green Journal Global Health highlights two articles in this month’s issue: “Uterine Massage to Reduce Blood Loss After Vaginal Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial” by Chen et al (p. 290) and “Postpartum Contraception in Publicly-Funded Programs and Interpregnancy Intervals” by Thiel de Bocanegra et al (p. 296).
∘ Links to the following web-based resources or journals have been provided for selected content in the August 2013 issue:
* “Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Pelvic Organ Support During Pregnancy” by Staer-Jensen et al (p. 329)
UpToDate® and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Misoprostol Vaginal Insert and Time to Vaginal Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial” by Wing et al (p. 201)
* “Risk Factors for Anal Intraepithelial Neoplasia in Women With Genital Dysplasia” by ElNaggar and Santoso (p. 218)
UpToDate,® Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Pearls of Exxcellence
* “Frequency and Disposition of Ovarian Abnormalities Followed With Serial Transvaginal Ultrasonography” by Pavlik et al (p. 210)
UpToDate,® Cochrane Review, and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Diminishing Availability of Trial of Labor After Cesarean Delivery in New Mexico Hospitals” by Leeman et al (p. 242)
Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Enhanced Recovery in Gynecologic Surgery” by Kalogera et al (p. 319)
Pearls of Exxcellence
* “Vasa Previa: Clinical Presentations, Outcomes, and Implications for Management” by Bronsteen et al (p. 352)
∘ A podcast, featuring Dr. Nancy Chescheir reviewing the Editors’ Picks for the August 2013 issue, is available.