What’s New Online (January 2013)
∘Journal Club questionnaires accompany the articles by Figueroa et al (“Surgical Staples Compared With Subcuticular Suture for Skin Closure After Cesarean Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” p. 33) and Connolly et al (“Reevaluation of Discriminatory and Threshold Levels for Serum b-hCG in Early Pregnancy,” p. 65).
∘A new Quick Poll on prescribing antidiabetic medications is available. See the related article by Lawrence et al (“Prevalence, Trends, and Patterns of Use of Antidiabetic Medications Among Pregnant Women, 2001-2007,” p. 106).
∘Green Journal Global Health highlights two articles in this month’s issue: “Co-occurrence of Cardiovascular and Prothrombotic Risk Factors in Women With a History of Preeclampsia” by Scholten et al (p. 97) and “Significant Adverse Events and Outcomes After Medical Abortion” by Cleland et al (p. 166).
∘Links to the following web-based resources or journals have been provided for selected content in the January 2013 issue:
UpToDate® and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Prophylactic Salpingectomy and Delayed Oophorectomy as an Alternative for BRCA Mutation Carriers” by Kwon et al (p. 14).
* “Co-occurrence of Cardiovascular and Prothrombotic Risk Factors in Women With a History of Preeclampsia” by Scholten et al (p. 97).
UpToDate®, Cochrane Review, and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
* “Correlation Between Birth Weight and Maternal Body Composition” by Kent et al (p. 46)
* “Declines in Birth Weight and Fetal Growth Independent of Gestational Length” by Morisaki et al (p. 51).
UpToDate®, Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Pearls of Exxcellence
* “Assessing the Risk of Ovarian Malignancy in Asymptomatic Women With Abnormal CA 125 and Transvaginal Ultrasound Scans in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian Screening Trial” by Partridge et al (p. 25).
Pearls of Exxcellence
* “Lessons Learned From the Women’s Health Initiative Trials of Menopausal Hormone Therapy” by Rossouw et al (p. 172).