Abstracts or summaries of online content are printed in every issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology in this section. The complete documents can be found on our web site, www.greenjournal.org. The specific URL for the content in this section is printed at the end of the abstract or summary.
What's New Online (November 2011)
* Journal Club questionnaires accompany the article by Paraiso et al (“Laparoscopic Compared With Robotic Sacrocolpopexy for Vaginal Prolapse: A Randomized Controlled Trial”; p. 1005) and Lee et al (“Trends in Cesarean Delivery for Twin Births in the United States: 1995–2008”; p. 1095).
* A new Quick Poll on venous thromboembolism prophylaxis is available. See the related editorial by Clarke-Pearson (“Thromboprophylaxis for Gynecologic Surgery: Why Are We Stuck in 1975?”; p. 973) and articles by Wright et al (“Quality of Perioperative Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Gynecologic Surgery”; p. 978) and Rahn et al (“Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Gynecologic Surgery: A Systematic Review”; p. 1111).
* Green Journal Global Health highlights three articles in this month's issue: “Incidence, Risk Factors, and Associated Complications of Eclampsia” by Liu et al (p. 987), “Characterization of Symptoms Immediately Preceding Eclampsia” by Cooray et al (p. 995), and “Delayed Postpartum Preeclampsia and Eclampsia: Demographics, Clinical Course, and Complications” by Al-Safi et al (p. 1102).
* Links to the following web-based resources or journals have been provided for selected content in the November 2011 issue:UpToDate® and Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology∘ “Laparoscopic Compared With Robotic Sacrocolpopexy for Vaginal Prolapse: A Randomized Controlled Trial” by Paraiso et al (p. 1005)UpToDate®, Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Cochrane Review∘ “Aspirin and Heparin Effect on Basal and Antiphospholipid Antibody Modulation of Trophoblast Function” by Han et al (p. 1021)∘ “Neonatal Outcomes After Implementation of Guidelines Limiting Elective Delivery Before 39 Weeks of Gestation” by Ehrenthal et al (p. 1047)∘ “Delayed Postpartum Preeclampsia and Eclampsia: Demographics, Clinical Course, and Complications” by Al-Safi et al (p. 1102)UpToDate®, Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cochrane Review, and Pearls of Exxcellence∘ “Quality of Perioperative Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Gynecologic Surgery” by Wright et al (p. 978)
* A podcast is available featuring an interview with Dr. Stanley A. Gall on the topic of influenza vaccination in pregnancy and the related article in this issue (“Attitudes and Practices of Obstetrician–Gynecologists Regarding Influenza Vaccination in Pregnancy” by Kissin et al; p. 1074).