This blog serves as a bulletin board for ED staff to share unusual and interesting photos of life in the ED.
It is also a partner with our Instagram account, @em_news, where you can find these photos on the go.
Have a clinical photo to share? Make sure it meets these criteria:
- You must have taken the photo yourself. No “borrowing” from someone else or another website.
- You must have written permission to submit someone else's photo. Send us the photographer’s name so we can give credit.
- Sending a photo of a patient? You need his written permission to take it and to send it to us.
- Be sure to obscure the patient’s face and identifying details even if you have permission (HIPAA, you know).
- Send us the particulars about your photo: the patient’s symptoms, history, tests performed, therapies started, disposition, and outcome.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org