I'm writing to let you know about some exciting changes that have taken place at the Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS website, www.co-hivandaids.com — changes that promise to enhance the journal's readability, usability, and impact.
Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS recently went live on Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' new “myLWW” online journals platform. This is the next step in an ongoing journey to keep our journal at the forefront of electronic medical publishing.
Built from Microsoft's SharePoint infrastructure and based on extensive market research, the new platform is designed to provide a leading-edge user experience. It includes a number of enhancements to improve readability, provide new customizable options, and link visitors to new features and media that will maximize the value of the site.
Readers have told us they want to read Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS online. They also demand rapid delivery of content, in their preferred format, plus features to help them target, read, and learn from important new papers. Here are some of the changes you will find during your next visit to www.co-hivandaids.com:
* New presentation of content, such as featured articles, Editor's Picks, “Most Viewed” and “Most Emailed” papers, and more.
* New options for article delivery, including an enhanced HTML format for easier on-screen reading.
* New ways to customize the site, including saved searches, personal article collections, e-mail and RSS alerts, and more.
* New capabilities, such as exporting references into your favourite citation manager and exporting figures from full-text articles into PowerPoint.
* Ready access to Publish-Ahead-of-Print papers, upcoming topics, and easy-to-find supplementary materials and media.
These are just some of the enhancements currently available. As this new platform is extremely flexible, we are exploring further improvements for the months ahead, such as additional media and Web 2.0 features. All in all, it's a major upgrade that will augment the value of our journal for all readers, and help to build www.co-hivandaids.com as a leading online destination for our specialty.
I hope you'll visit www.co-hivandaids.com today to check out the benefits of this powerful, flexible new platform. As always, our editorial and production teams are eager to hear your comments and opinions regarding our journal. Your feedback will be a key part of ongoing research to develop future enhancements.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Wolters Kluwer Health
250 Waterloo Road
London SE1 8RD
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7981 0679