AJN, American Journal of Nursing:
AJN On the Web
AJN's Web site, www.ajnonline.com, offers access to current and past issues (from 1900 on), podcasts, article collections, news alerts—and much more. Bookmark our blog, Off the Charts (http://ajnoffthecharts.com), to read frequent updates and share your thoughts on what you see in your nursing world. Join us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AJNfans), follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/AmJNurs), and be sure to download the new AJN app on your iPad.
WHAT WE'RE BLOGGING ABOUT
* Nurses clearly care about what they wear. Check out “White Uniforms for Nurses? The ‘Nays’ Have It…,” by editor-in-chief Shawn Kennedy, and let us know what you think (http://wp.me/prthD-3mY).
* Read “Individualized A1c Targets for Type 2 Diabetes,” by Jane Seley, a diabetes NP at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Hospital in New York City, for an overview of the joint position statement from the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes on managing hyperglycemia in people with type 2 diabetes (http://wp.me/prthD-3mA).
* A nurse's unease about organ donation is expressed in the thoughtful post, “Can't Even Think About It: An ICU Nurse's Personal Taboo, ” by Marcy Phipps, RN (http://wp.me/prthD-3lp).
WHAT READERS ARE SAYING ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK, AND OUR BLOG
“I enjoyed wearing fun prints, but solid colors look more professional. ” “I am a nurse writer. By identifying myself as a nurse when I write health-related articles I am saying that my writing is grounded in science instead of health hype, which many ‘healthcare’ writers write about. ” “If the license is lapsed from non-renewal, then the nurse is not currently registered, so using that title could be a problem.”
* Monthly highlights: Listen to AJN editors discuss the contents of the December issue.
* Behind the article: Editor-in-chief Shawn Kennedy speaks with Meredeth A. Rowe, coauthor of the article, “Missing Incidents in Community-Dwelling People with Dementia.”
© 2012 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.