AJN, American Journal of Nursing:
AJN On the Web
AJN’s Web site, www.ajnonline.com, offers access to current and past issues (from 1900 on), podcasts, article collections, news alerts—and much more. Bookmark our blog, Off the Charts (http://ajnoffthecharts.com), to read frequent updates and share your thoughts on what you see in your nursing world. Join us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AJNfans), follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/AmJNurs), and be sure to download the new AJN app on your iPad.
WHAT WE'RE BLOGGING ABOUT
* What will it take to end the turf war physicians are waging against NPs? Read “Evidence Contradicts AAFP: NPs Ideal for Leading Patient-Centered Medical Homes,” by clinical managing editor Karen Roush, for the latest debate over expanding the NP role (http://wp.me/prthD-3kJ).
* Check out “Practically a Nurse: Life as a New Graduate RN,” by pediatric RN Medora McGinnis, for an inside look at what comes after graduation (http://wp.me/prthD-3jN).
* In the spirit of the season, clinical managing editor Karen Roush suggests ways to mitigate the risks involved in playing high school football in “A Nurse and Mother on Dialing Back the Risk in Football” (http://wp.me/prthD-3iW).
* Monthly highlights: Listen to AJN editors discuss the contents of the November issue.
* Behind the article:
* Editor-in-chief Shawn Kennedy speaks with
* Cynthia G. Cahoon, author of this month's CE feature, “Depression in Older Adults.”
* Donna Sabella, author of “PTSD Among Our Returning Veterans” in this month's Mental Health Matters.
* Conversations: Shawn Kennedy speaks with Brigadier General (ret.) Bill Bester, former chief of the U.S. Army Nurse Corps, on veterans’ health issues.
© 2012 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc.