AJN On the Web
AJN's Web site, www.ajnonline.com, offers access to current and past issues (from 1900), podcasts, article collections, news alerts—and much more. Bookmark our blog, Off the Charts (http://ajnoffthecharts.com), to read daily updates and share your thoughts on what you see in your nursing world. And join us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AJNfans) and follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/AmJNurs).
WHAT WE'RE BLOGGING ABOUT
- Read "Don't Cling to Tradition: A Nursing Student's Call for Realism, Respect" by nursing student Medora McGinnis (http://wp.me/prthD-2ar), for an interesting perspective on RN-to-BSN programs.
- Is it safe to go to the hospital in July? Check out "New Medical Residents and Patient Mortality—Does the 'Nurse Effect' Lessen the 'July Effect'?" by editor-in-chief Shawn Kennedy (http://wp.me/prthD-28f).
- Stay on top of the hot topics in health care news with "Drunk on Water, Drug Shortages, Understanding Health Care News, plus Nursing Blog Posts of Note," by AJN senior editor and blog editor, Jacob Molyneux (http://wp.me/prthD-297).
WHAT READERS ARE SAYING ON FACEBOOK AND OUR BLOG
"I read about a critical shortage of instructors, I would love to teach nursing but I am not going back to school for yet another degree." "Nurses should run hospitals. Not bean counters and not MDs." "Technology is such a double-edged sword . . . and this reminds me to withhold judgment."
- Monthly highlights: Listen to AJN editors discuss the contents of the September issue.
- Behind the article: Editor-in-chief Shawn Kennedy speaks with nurse and artist Charles Kaiman (Art of Nursing and our cover) and with Alexis M. Schmid, coauthor of "Care of the Suicidal Pediatric Patient in the ED: A Case Study."