AJN On the Web
AJN's Web site, www.ajnonline.com, offers access to current and past issues (from 1900), podcasts, article collections, news alerts—and much more. Bookmark our blog, Off the Charts (http://ajnoffthecharts.com), to read daily updates and share your thoughts on what you see in your nursing world. And join us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AJNfans) and follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/AmJNurs).
WHAT WE'RE BLOGGING ABOUT
* Read "Dispatches from the Alabama Tornado Zone" by Susan Hassmiller, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation senior adviser for nursing, for a firsthand account of the crisis in Alabama following a series of tornados that devastated the state. This series of blog posts can be found at http://wp.me/PrthD-1XD.
* Karen Gonzol writes a poignant piece about her mother's persistent humor, despite being in hospice care, in "The Monkey in Room 100" (http://wp.me/PrthD-22K).
* Missed Malta? Check out "Updates from International Council of Nurses Conference in Malta: May 2011" by editor-in-chief Shawn Kennedy (http://wp.me/PrthD-1Xs).
WHAT READERS ARE SAYING ON FACEBOOK AND OUR BLOG
"I have no qualms about calling a rapid response and always do if I feel that A) my patient is not doing well and B) whatever I have tried or the doc has tried hasn't worked." "[T]he nursing shortage is not because there aren't enough nurses, but because many RNs choose to leave nursing because of . . . working conditions." "My family was affected by this tragic event. I am so happy that there were volunteers like you who left their homes and families to assist."
* Monthly highlights: Listen to AJN editors discuss the contents of the July issue.
* Behind the article: Editor-in-chief Shawn Kennedy speaks with Elizabeth B. Dowdell, coauthor of the Original Research article, "Online Social Networking Patterns Among Adolescents, Young Adults, and Sexual Offenders."