AJN On the Web
AJN's Web site, www.ajnonline.com, offers access to current and past issues, podcasts, article collections, news alerts—and much more. And bookmark or subscribe to our blog, Off the Charts (http://ajnoffthecharts.com), to read daily updates and share your thoughts on what you see in your nursing world.
WHAT WE'RE BLOGGING ABOUT
* "Patients depend on our ability to look past the obvious and recognize the subtle, insidious changes that matter," writes AJN editor-in-chief, Maureen Shawn Kennedy, in her blog post, "Alone, Isolated, At Risk," in which she explores the contact precautions controversy and the dangers of alarm fatigue.
* Get a cross-section of hot topics in health care news in "Web Roundup: Comparing Online Health Info, Questioning a Breast Cancer Treatment, Guilt in Any Gender."
* Still not sure about the clinical nurse leader role? Read "True Believers at the 2011 Clinical Nurse Leader Summit" for more information.
Comment on our blog, join us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AJNfans), and follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/AmJNurs).
WHAT READERS ARE SAYING ON FACEBOOK AND OUR BLOG
"I've always felt that nurses embody Harry Truman's motto, 'The buck stops here.' "Nurses most definitely lead the charge in making sure patients remain safe throughout their hospital stay." "I love hearing my patients tell their personal stories." "I'd be more than happy to wear hospital–provided scrubs at work if they would only purchase scrub pants that actually had inseams longer than 30 inches."
* Monthly highlights: Listen to AJN editors discuss the contents of the April issue.
* Behind the article: Editor-in-chief Maureen Shawn Kennedy speaks with coauthor Mary K. Townsend about the original research article, "Rates of Remission, Improvement, and Progression of Urinary Incontinence in Asian, Black, and White Women."